Can't join Sandbox or tutorials

cousinit9

I am able to play bot matches, and match made games without any issue. However, when I try to go into Sandbox, or the tutorials, I get the following. This happens irregardless of the character I pick.

1718506993832.png

I am also experiencing this. Restarting game and computer did not fix this issue. I was able to enter the sandbox as recently as a week ago, so this is a new issue for me.

This bug has seem to have returned in the last week for me, which has become a bigger problem now that it seems sandbox is the only place where you can modify builds

If you look at the console log (F7), it looks like the sandbox is ran on a server hosted on your pc, and for me at least it’s failing to connect. My guess is something is messing with the port (27015) and is preventing the game from accessing the server it opened. When looking at what other programs I have using ports (the command netstat in Windows Powershell), I couldn’t find anything.

However, I have found that if I restart my PC and then only open Steam and Deadlock, the sandbox works fine. So, I do think there is something to my theory that another program I regularly use is messing with that specific port locally. My next steps are to test my ability to connect to sandbox as I open one program per attempt to see if I can isolate the culprit.

In the meantime, I would be interested if, for people having this problem, restarting your device and going straight to Deadlock makes sandbox accessible.

Thank you so much for your post, after a couple of days of dismissing it after scanning the port and nothing running on my current user, I completely forgot I had a V Rising Dedicated Server running on a separate user with that port being in use on my desktop. Stopping that enabled Sandbox Mode for me.

Back