Cannot spectate friends game in progress

oliver.thunaes

Friend of mine gave me his match ID so that I can spectate him. It didn't let me do this and I got a message saying I cannot watch a game in progress, which seems counter to other sources I've read where it's possible to sub in or otherwise spectate people's games. This might not be a bug per se, but it's confusing and should be changed, along with adding some clear way to spectate friends' games in progress.

There is a little "friend icon" on the top left when going through the watch page to quickly find which match has your friend in it, but as of recent with 800+ games at a time its very difficult now to sort through that huge list

I don't think you can spectate by matchID at this time, I was also looking for this feature.

While it is misleading that its on the screen from where one can spectate a match, the input modal does indicate that it is intended for viewing match details, i.e. the score screen, which only becomes available after a game has finished. So for now, we can only use this to find replays.

1723653700062.png

Back