Cannot join game on Linux.

corey_englerth

Game launches to the main menu perfectly fine. Can interact with all menus and settings. Once a game tries to start, however, it closes to desktop every single time. Happens on Proton Experimental, Proton Latest, and Proton GE. PC info below.
1724648066092.png

Based on the system information, you should run the game just as fine. You may be running the game with vulkan rendering? It is a reported issue that Vulkan breaks the game on Unix machines. Try using -dx11 on the Steam Launch Options to launch the game using DirectX instead of Vulkan. Also, use the latest version of ProtonGE for the best performance, as the other version seems to not work as efficiently as the latest one from the repository.

Why do you even use proton? Its native.
these early builds are windows exclusive, hence the proton.
Based on the system information, you should run the game just as fine. You may be running the game with vulkan rendering? It is a reported issue that Vulkan breaks the game on Unix machines. Try using -dx11 on the Steam Launch Options to launch the game using DirectX instead of Vulkan. Also, use the latest version of ProtonGE for the best performance, as the other version seems to not work as efficiently as the latest one from the repository.
tried the dx11 launch command, game did not like that and crashed before even reaching the main menu. Moving up to the latest ProtonGE did give me a few more seconds in sandbox mode before it crashed, however. i think we're getting somewhere.

these early builds are windows exclusive, hence the proton.

tried the dx11 launch command, game did not like that and crashed before even reaching the main menu. Moving up to the latest ProtonGE did give me a few more seconds in sandbox mode before it crashed, however. i think we're getting somewhere.
Game runs without emulation layer perfectly fine, dunno everybody using proton for

Back