Beep can parry during his uppercut and other interactions

sam.louro.monteiro

I have here a clip of something that preplexed me, a beepbop parries during his uppercut, and I tested it and its quite easy to replicate. and the order means you can parry while doing another animation which kind of breaks the expectation of interactions that he is locked in one he can't stop this one. In the replay it looks as bad as it looked during the game there wasn't a real difference from my pov.
View attachment uppercutparry.mp4

This also brings me to other interactions that I want to talk about and if they should be in the game which it doesnt add that much depth but just complexity which is heavy cancels. I am saying this while having the most games played on Mo and paradox, 2 out of the 3 i know can cancel their heavy with an ability. I already playedthem before i knew and now it makes 1v1's really unfair when i am posturing to kill 2 creeps and perhaps even hit them and they can't punish me or if they go to parry the cs i cancel and go again and they have lost around 200hp because i choose the outcome. I did see a pretty cool abrams movement tech with it, and that's cool ngl, i can't do that but damn it was smooth but at the same time its a thing specially for newer players that if you know, you abuse people by just mashing melee's and if they parry you open the book and bash them again.
You feel punished by having tried to punish or to press the key that gets out of this situation (specially on mo, scorn doesn't even bring the downside that you might have to use a long cd or important skill away)

Should this be in the game? Is being able to cast parry with no downside while part of an animation ok? perhaps its something uniquely put in for beepbop due to his lore and he is "boxing" so he has that? Are there others like beep, I haven't found personally but as they have been adding you can parry during channels to avoid you being locked out of a response other than have to do more inputs but there's a tradeoff you cancel your ability so you choose is it better to parry this or to keep channeling?

So i do expect many of these would be fixed as the game gets cleaned up but i do wonder, because its beep, if there was ever a decision for it.

Back