Banned Permanently after switching to dorm wifi

sown

Ever since I've arrived at my dorms and switch to using the wifi here, I get a message whenever I try to queue into any multiplayer game (mm, team vs bots, even solo vs bots, sandbox still works though) saying "you have been permenantly banned". 1724614210608.png

I haven't done anything worthy of a ban other than leaving a few games when I first started playtesting (haven't been toxic, not cheating, haven't spread any info other than screenshare to friends that were already in the alpha), but still I started thinking that maybe I was actually banned. However, after getting on another account with the game, I immediately got the same message without having ever even played on that account and now I'm doubting that I actually got banned. I have had other issues with my wifi, as when playing other multiplayer games I get frequent lag and rubber banding, in CS2 for example I get consistent lag almost every 5 seconds or so. I also tried using a VPN but the error persisted.
I doubt I'd be hardware or IP banned given that I haven't done anything, so it seems that this is some kind of bug. I have seen other posts of people talking about getting permanently banned, so it's possible others have the same issue. If I could get any help with this it'd be greatly appreciated.

If you are banned from matchmaking you cannot evade it by swapping accounts as they still perform HWID bans when processing reports/bans atm, so that's why it immediately banned you on the alt. As for the ban, remember it is an invite-only playtest so they are understandably rather unforgiving with the bans, but best of luck to you

(however this aint a bug lol)

Fair enough I guess. Just feels weird to get perma banned and HWID banned for leaving games, as I haven't been toxic at all nor have I cheated or abused bugs. Guess it could be from whoever invited me (I was in one of those invite begging servers when word first got out about the game) but I thought they only banned ppl others invited if they got banned for cheating. Wish they gave some kind of clarification to ppl when they got banned as I'd atleast like to know why.

Back