Aura-based hero

evildoctor130

I love playing tanky, number-ball heroes that wade into fights and provide the team with buffs that help them edge out victory over the opponents who don't. I loved playing Underlord and Undying in Dota. Abrams sort of scratches that itch with his AoE lifesteal and passive regen but I want something that takes the idea and really commits to it. I want a passive playstyle based around positioning around teammates and enabling better trades.

All you need to do is be aware of your aura range and be aware of when the teamfight pops off. You walk in, pop your auras, soak damage maybe press a couple buttons and carry on with your sub-par gun while keeping your friends in range until the teamfight ends.

Some basic skill ideas:
An AOE DOT that burns the hero and enemies around it for a small percentage of its max HP
Aura that increases spirit damage in an area, stacks with burn DOT
Aura that provides passive regen and resistances to allies
Activated, temporary aura that hastens basic cooldown recovery
Activated spirit or bullet barrier a la Pipe of Insight or Crimson Guard

Some 4 skill ideas, long cooldown and probably the one button you press in the teamfight
Chain enemies in a LoS to the hero
An targeted AoE debuff carpet? A single-target curse to enfeeble a particularly troublesome enemy carry?
Become translucent, letting allies target enemies through you while maintaining the meat shield
Swallow an ally to give it amplified effects of your auras, letting them fire and use abilities

Possible weaknesses?
No mobility/escape/slow walk speed
No damage/poor weapon
Easily silenced
A tank in the truest sense, if you are singled out you are dead 100%. If you are displaced from your friends they are dead and you are next.

Good synergies would be things like Mystic/Improved Reach, Superior Duration (if the skills are not toggles), Mystic Slow, Torment Pulse, Colossus for increased AOE and take up more of the screen to meatshield, Mystic Reverb, Diviner's Kevlar etc. Not to mention the built-in Hunter and Heroic Aura items. There's a lot of items that synergize already.

Last edited:
Back