ALT key drops you off zipline

Lady Briar

When first starting a game you automatically zoom down the zipline to your assigned lane.

If you ALT+TAB during this time, you will drop off the zipline, because the ALT key cancels the zipline for some reason. I can't count the number of times this has happened to me. 😅

Just tested this out of curiosity and wasn't able to reproduce it with alt. But I was able to drop myself with ctrl. Have you rebound your crouch hotkey to alt? Maybe that's what's happening.
When first starting a game you automatically zoom down the zipline to your assigned lane.

If you ALT+TAB during this time, you will drop off the zipline, because the ALT key cancels the zipline for some reason. I can't count the number of times this has happened to me. 😅

Just tested this out of curiosity and wasn't able to reproduce it with alt. But I was able to drop myself with ctrl. Have you rebound your crouch hotkey to alt? Maybe that's what's happening.
Yes, I have. But considering that all interactions except jump are disabled when ziplining, crouch should also not cause you to fall off.

I usually use Crouch to get off the zip line to save a jump and it seems i can go a bit faster If i don't use it.

I usually use Crouch to get off the zip line to save a jump and it seems i can go a bit faster If i don't use it.
If it's something that other players find valuable as a mechanic, I'm not against it. But in that case I'd want to be able to seperate them out with regard to keybindings, as I cannot have crouch on any other key. 😬

I know the game is already a little excessive with its minimum of 15(+movement) required inputs, but considering all the weird little unforseen interactions with the current system and how easy it is to inadvertently attach to a zipline without meaning to when double- or wall-jumping, personally I think the "correct" solution is to just have a dedicated zipline button on W or whatever and have that be the only way for players to attach and detach from ziplines.

Back