All my keybinds stopped working after last match, I can't move or do anything

arielreuterg

I just got into a public lobby with the match id number: 12263453

It already started weird because all the rest of my team were cussing my nickname in the mic. I tried pushing enter to tell them to stop and realized I couldn't do that. That is when I tried ducking on the "players loading waiting room", that did not work either.

So I restarted the game, and changed my keyboard layout (I use Colemak and sometimes that doesn't play nice with games, even though it worked with Deadlock flawlessly). Again no key presses worked.
The game than began and I thought it was just a pre-lobby bug. But it was not, the bug was persistent!
The only thing I could do was use the chat wheel which for some reason was on my "mouse4", even though I use that bind for crouching.

Now after that lobby no binds work and I cannot play the game anymore! When I open the game the first message that pops up is as follows: "Key J is bound to commands: Toggle Free Cursor & Move Right (strafe)". The crazy part is that I have "Toggle Free Cursor" unbound on purpose in the settings (since I do not use it and didn't want to press it by accident).

I recorded videos of the whole thing while it happened and shared what was going through my head while it was happening.
I even tried using console to talk to my team with the command "say_chat_team". They didn't react to those. But in the end of the match they cussed me again and someone laughed.
Maybe its a bug maybe it is nefarious exploit. I am not sure.
Another thing that could maybe a clue. When I open sandbox mode now I get this message on the top left corner: "Navigation mesh was generated with non-default settings -- Please re-build map --".

The videos are too large to attach here. I will try uploading them and editing the links in!

Edit #1
Here are the videos:

Last edited:
This happened to me as well but it's my shop and ability upgrade buttons. I've even deleted the keybinds file so that the game rebuilds it, and reset to defaults, and rebound, still doesn't work.

Back