Active item which fires a projectile to remove buffs from an enemy while doing some damage.

issac.emilio

I want to preface this by saying I am not calling any active buffs or things of the like over-powered, this suggestion is simply to allow more options.

This item can potentially be a skill shot, have a slight channel time before casting, a short radius, a delay before going into effect, etc. to balance the immense usefulness of a purge. 3,000 or 6,000 souls may be the sweet spot as typically buffs become much more prevalent as the game gets later. This would allow some nice reaction to things such as metal skin or ethereal shift, as well as damage/speed buff abilities for enemies. It also opens up the path for more powerful buff items or abilities since the existence of this item can serve as a nice check for them.

I do not believe this item should slow as it may offer too much oppression, it should merely remove buffs. Whether this item's debuff is a "one and done" dispel such as, for example, a euls from dota, or should constantly purge buffs for a limited time (say, 2.5 or 3 seconds) is still up for debate. Thank you.

Aeon's Delight - 3,000 cost Spirit Active item
+15 Spirit Power
+10% Spirit Damage
-15% Zoom FOV (this is a positive, lower zoom FOV means finer details seen)
ABILITY (65s Cooldown)
Create Aeon's Bow from thin air, and pull it back; this takes 1 second. The caster cannot jump and will have their move speed decreased by 75% while holding, and will be in a zoomed state until they release the arrow.
Holding the ability key down does not activate the ability. The ability is only activated once the key is released, or once 1s has passed and the arrow is fired.
Fire an arrow out in front of you that travels in Line-of-Sight straight forward from your facing. For every 10m the arrow travels, deal 100 Base Spirit Damage reduce 1s of time on all currently active items and abilities on any enemies it hits.
While this ability is on cooldown, dealing 250 or more Spirit Damage will reduce the cooldown of this item by 5 seconds. This reduction can only occur this way once every 10 seconds.

I want to preface this by saying I am not calling any active buffs or things of the like over-powered, this suggestion is simply to allow more options.

This item can potentially be a skill shot, have a slight channel time before casting, a short radius, a delay before going into effect, etc. to balance the immense usefulness of a purge. 3,000 or 6,000 souls may be the sweet spot as typically buffs become much more prevalent as the game gets later. This would allow some nice reaction to things such as metal skin or ethereal shift, as well as damage/speed buff abilities for enemies. It also opens up the path for more powerful buff items or abilities since the existence of this item can serve as a nice check for them.

I do not believe this item should slow as it may offer too much oppression, it should merely remove buffs. Whether this item's debuff is a "one and done" dispel such as, for example, a euls from dota, or should constantly purge buffs for a limited time (say, 2.5 or 3 seconds) is still up for debate. Thank you.
Hmmmm. We have a debuff reducer items for ourselves. The idea of being able to strip someone else's buffs is... VERY interesting. I do wonder how difficult that would be to handle, mechanically, but it's a very interesting concept. Kudos for this idea! It's delightfully interesting. I also 100% agree it should be a skill shot, if it was a thing, so good call on that, as well.

Back