Activating Kinetic Carbine while a bullet is in flight immediately consumes the ability

jessienyan

If you activate Paradox's Kinetic Carbine immediately after firing a shot, the ability will be "used" the moment the bullet reaches its target.

As a player this feels like a bug. Usually how this goes down is that I'm in a fire fight with someone, I stop attacking to start charging up a carbine shot, except the shot is often consumed by a bullet that was still in the air. I only would except the shot to be consumed after I've fired my weapon.

I'd estimate half of my 230 hours playtime are on Paradox and I have never experienced this once. I can also not reproduce it in Sandbox mode.

(This sounds like the semi-common problem where the microswitch of a mouse button wore down so much that the mouse occasionally registers a second click when the button is released. Have you tried binding your attack to a keyboard key and testing if this still happens with that in Sandbox mode?)

I'd estimate half of my 230 hours playtime are on Paradox and I have never experienced this once. I can also not reproduce it in Sandbox mode.

(This sounds like the semi-common problem where the microswitch of a mouse button wore down so much that the mouse occasionally registers a second click when the button is released. Have you tried binding your attack to a keyboard key and testing if this still happens with that in Sandbox mode?)
I retested, I think what's happening is that I am not releasing the mouse quick enough before pressing 3. If you press 3 while Paradox is firing a burst, it will immediately get used.

Since Paradox fires the same burst regardless if you left click once or hold down left click, part of me would like if the Carbine only activated on the next burst. The way it works currently does allow you to get a small bit of extra spirit dmg, but I don't know how relevant that is. Alternatively Carbine could have a minimum charge up time of like 50-100ms?

This is probably something that gets worked out with experience, but coordinating it in a fast paced fight is a challenge.

Back