Ability - Schizophrenia

Sarrow

It would be so cool to see an ability where, when a hero casts, the enemies in a specific radius start hearing footsteps from random places for a short time, it would force them to turn/chase/retreat and in general could be a useful and unique ability imo.

I was also thinking something visual too would be nice but nothing comes to mind.

what are your thoughts on this chat?

How can developers do this? In my opinion, it’s just a fun ability.
There are quite a few different ways to do something like this. One would be to put an invisible cube a certain distance away from the player affected, and have it spin around the player. At random intervals, it just plays a sound from the current location of the cube. Alternatively you can just find random nearby locations within the nav mesh, and spawn an invisible actor that makes a noise before deleting itself.

TFC had this
I was about to say the same thing!

It was a grenade that the Spy had, it shot gas out and filled the area surrounding it with an AoE that would mimic the sound of gunshots ricocheting and explosions, sometimes even with effects. The original System Shock would have something kinda like this too with the berserk patches giving you hallucinations of the monsters in the game along with funky color palette changes.

I think an ability that's something like this might be neat, very effective if not balanced right though. It's something that is very possible though. However I don't think naming it "Schizophrenia" would be very appropriate from a mental health perspective, IMO.

I was about to say the same thing!

It was a grenade that the Spy had, it shot gas out and filled the area surrounding it with an AoE that would mimic the sound of gunshots ricocheting and explosions, sometimes even with effects. The original System Shock would have something kinda like this too with the berserk patches giving you hallucinations of the monsters in the game along with funky color palette changes.

I think an ability that's something like this might be neat, very effective if not balanced right though. It's something that is very possible though. However I don't think naming it "Schizophrenia" would be very appropriate from a mental health perspective, IMO.
I totally agree with you there, i was just clickbaiting. I apologize if i offended anybody.

Back