A hero that expands on Mirages early game

aleksi

Mirage has a very fun and engaging early game using his #3 ability Djinn's Mark. During laning and early game I find myself switching from target to target, shooting only one or two shots at each enemy in an attempt to obsessively grow my stacks on all targets.

This approach of trying to chain multiple hits on various targets is not efficient, but it's fun and engaging.

As the match goes on, there is no longer a need to carefully place my shots. I have more bullets, maybe ricochet, active reload, quicksilver reload; all helping me with weapon uptime to maintain and grow stacks and so this tagging approach of carefully juggling multiple targets is left in the early game.

I would like to see a hero that expands on the concept of having to carefully land your shots on multiple targets.

Consider for example a low fire-rate hero with a chain -type ability. The player must sequence their shots from target to target for the chaining effect to take place:
A player shoots their first target in order to mark the start of the chain, then in order to grow the chain, they must swap targets and land another shot to a different enemy, which forwards the damage down the chain to the first one. Then they land a shot to a third target which once more forwards the damage down the chain.
Perhaps missing, reloading, and enough distance unbinds the chain.
Perhaps there is a damage multiplier or an increasing status effect down the chain, so that the first person in the chain takes increased damage.
Perhaps an alternative ability can conclude the chain to inflict some status effect onto all chained enemy players.

Back