15 min ban for leaving a "safe to abandon game"

Same here got a ban for leaving a game where it said “No Penalty” after 3 mins of playtime, Valve PLS fix THX.

Reporting same issue, left a game after it said "safe to abandon" but got a penalty anyway, though thankfully it was only for five minutes.

Honestly not sure if it's a bug or an intended feature, but it's not remotely clear if it's the latter case.

Match ID: 13177094

Same here, thought it may be overzealous because my first game crashed (Got a Message asking to Verify Game Files)
Hopped on the queue again, started the match, 3 people DC, game states it's Safe to Leave, so I do.
Try to play again, Temp Ban.

Not complaining that there are measures in place to disincentive leavers, but the communication is a bit spotty right now.

Same here, thought it may be overzealous because my first game crashed (Got a Message asking to Verify Game Files)
Hopped on the queue again, started the match, 3 people DC, game states it's Safe to Leave, so I do.
Try to play again, Temp Ban.

Not complaining that there are measures in place to disincentive leavers, but the communication is a bit spotty right now.
temp bans aren't issued right away. I think they wait until the game finishes before issuing your temp ban. So the first game you crashed it counted as a leave, but didn't register till the second game.

I wonder if this is the issue other people are seeing.

Back